Disney’s Anne Sweeney reiterates commitment to Disney India
The channel, Sweeney adds, has also stayed true to the simplicity of universal stories to connect with their Indian audiences as well as engaging local productions. It has since produced numerous long-form shows with multiple seasons and a Disney Channel Original Movie. Five shows are currently in production with four others commissioned for a pilot.
India is one of the largest markets invested in by Disney for local productions outside of the U.S. Most recently, Sweeney announced, that it was the first media company to sell content on iTunes when it was launched in the country, as well as to stream online with ads at the ABC website with their Full Episode Player.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 77 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Something Special announces new formats for Spring and MIP 51 views | posted on April 7, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System announce new co-production partnership 38 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 33 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020