Disney’s Anne Sweeney reiterates commitment to Disney India
The channel, Sweeney adds, has also stayed true to the simplicity of universal stories to connect with their Indian audiences as well as engaging local productions. It has since produced numerous long-form shows with multiple seasons and a Disney Channel Original Movie. Five shows are currently in production with four others commissioned for a pilot.
India is one of the largest markets invested in by Disney for local productions outside of the U.S. Most recently, Sweeney announced, that it was the first media company to sell content on iTunes when it was launched in the country, as well as to stream online with ads at the ABC website with their Full Episode Player.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 73 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021