Dirk Hoogstra promoted to EVP of Development and Programming for HISTORY and H2
Hoogstra will continue to oversee the networks’ programming teams, and manages the development, creation and execution of all programming for HISTORY and H2. He is also charged with imaginatively integrating new programming with online initiatives, and developing innovative ways to expand the brand across multiple platforms. Hoogstra was an executive producer on the network’s first scripted mini-series Hatfields & McCoys, which premiered in May 2012 which received great ratings and went on to earn five Emmy awards.
During his tenure at HISTORY, he oversaw hit series and specials including American Pickers, Counting Cars, Mountain Men, Top Gear, Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy, Top Shot, Men Who Built America and the upcoming scripted series Vikings and docudrama The Bible. Hoogstra began his career with Discovery Communications Inc. in 1995. Over a seven-year period he worked in Production and Development at TLC, Discovery Primetime and Discovery Networks International. In 2002, Hoogstra left Discovery to head up Development for Brainbox Productions, an independent production company. There he developed and Executive Produced specials and series for Discovery Networks, HGTV, HISTORY, Style and Court TV. In 2004 he returned to Discovery Channel as Development Producer, overseeing development and editorial on various primetime series and specials.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 67 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 59 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 48 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020