BREAKING: MDA fines SingTel mio S$180,000 for TV service disruption
As a Nationwide Subscription Television Service Licensee, SingTel has to comply with licence conditions on Quality of Service (QoS), which requires pay-TV services to be provided at reasonable quality that meets public expectations and is satisfactory to the MDA. MDA thus finds SingTel to be in contravention of its QoS licence conditions, and has imposed a financial penalty of S$180,000.
Since the disruption on 13 May 2012, MDA notes that SingTel has provided compensation to affected Mio TV subscribers in the form of subscription rebates amounting to about S$5 million, and has taken remedial actions to prevent a recurrence.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 175 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020