BBC World News launches new studios, programming and presenters
The new BBC World News studios at the redeveloped Broadcasting House.
London – Fresh from announcing important new distribution deals in the U.S. and Burma, the BBC’s international television news channel, BBC World News, is unveiling a new look next week when it re-launches from new studios in central London. The channel will feature a refreshed line-up of programmes and presenters, and will be investing heavily in additional newsgathering capacity around the world.
From 12:00 GMT on January 14, the channel will be broadcast from new state-of-the-art High Definition studios in the BBC’s new London headquarters, the redeveloped Broadcasting House. BBC World News is the first English language channel to go LIVE from the new building.
BBC World News journalists will be at the heart of “the world’s newsroom” where the BBC’s UK and international journalism teams have come together to provide output across digital, radio and television and 27 different languages, reaching an audience of 239 million people around the world each week. Eventually, 6,000 people – more than a quarter of all BBC staff – will be based in Broadcasting House.
The channel will also debut new on air talent including Yalda Hakim, one of Australia’s brightest international journalists, who has joined the channel as a current affairs correspondent and presenter for a new weekly current affairs programme. BBC World News has also announced that long time BBC News presenter and reporter Jon Sopel is joining the channel to present Global with Jon Sopel, a new weekday international news programme.
From January 14, BBC World News’ core weekday programming will include:
· Newsday (00:00, 01:00, 23:00 GMT)
· HARDtalk with Stephen Sackur (04:30, 09:30, 14:30, 21:30 GMT)
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 62 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 58 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 56 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020