Encompass Asia launches 100th channel from Singapore facility
Singapore – Encompass Digital Media Asia has reached a major broadcast milestone with the origination and transmission of 100 channels from its Singapore facility. The company’s mission-critical media services provides broadcasters, cable networks, corporations and government agencies with customised solutions for the management and distribution of content globally.
“With digital TV subscriptions in Asia to grow quickly over the next few years, we are delighted to reach this broadcast milestone,” said Deepakjit Singh, managing director for Encompass Asia. “This is in line with the rapid expansion in the media and telecommunications sectors across Asia-Pacific.”
This significant accomplishment highlights the success of the company’s aggressive growth initiatives in the region. Last year, Encompass Asia announced plans for its US$20 million investment over the next five years into its Singapore operations for technology and infrastructure upgrading, employee up-skilling and community engagement initiatives. To date, Encompass Asia has already invested close to US$10 million on technology upgrading in order to increase productivity and reduce the marginal cost of launching a new channel. This enables Singapore to compete effectively with China and India. In the last two years, the number of channels that Encompass Asia provide end-to-end services to has increased three folds.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020