Encompass Asia launches 100th channel from Singapore facility
Singapore – Encompass Digital Media Asia has reached a major broadcast milestone with the origination and transmission of 100 channels from its Singapore facility. The company’s mission-critical media services provides broadcasters, cable networks, corporations and government agencies with customised solutions for the management and distribution of content globally.
“With digital TV subscriptions in Asia to grow quickly over the next few years, we are delighted to reach this broadcast milestone,” said Deepakjit Singh, managing director for Encompass Asia. “This is in line with the rapid expansion in the media and telecommunications sectors across Asia-Pacific.”
This significant accomplishment highlights the success of the company’s aggressive growth initiatives in the region. Last year, Encompass Asia announced plans for its US$20 million investment over the next five years into its Singapore operations for technology and infrastructure upgrading, employee up-skilling and community engagement initiatives. To date, Encompass Asia has already invested close to US$10 million on technology upgrading in order to increase productivity and reduce the marginal cost of launching a new channel. This enables Singapore to compete effectively with China and India. In the last two years, the number of channels that Encompass Asia provide end-to-end services to has increased three folds.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 233 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 164 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021