The Collective taps Henson Independent Properties for Annoying Orange distribution
“Our company has a long legacy of launching unique and irreverent characters and worlds to the international market,” said Richard Goldsmith, EVP, Global Distribution for The Jim Henson Company. “Annoying Orange has a fresh visual look and a distinctive writing style that has already proved itself to resonate with viewers. It is sure to attract a great deal of interest from programme buyers and audiences everywhere.”
Annoying Orange took the Internet by storm when it launched in YouTube in October 2009. It debuted its animated TV series on Cartoon Network in June this year, and has since become an instant hit in the U.S., continually ranking amongst the top shows for boys in the time period.
The global television distribution comes as The Collective also expands its licensing programme for Annoying Orange internationally with several new deals to be unveiled in the coming weeks. An “a-peeling” line of Annoying Orange products including toys, apparel, graphic novels, accessories and novelties, among other items have been a huge draw at U.S. retailers such as Toys “R” Us and JCPenney since launching last year.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020