MIPCOM: Nelvana and Ciwen Media Group enter content deal for China
Cannes – Canada’s Nelvana Enterprises, owned by Corus Entertainment Inc., and China’s Ciwen Media Group, have entered into a major content acquisition and representation deal for the territories of Mainland China, Macau and Hong Kong.
Nelvana has granted Ciwen exclusive distribution representation rights to over 1,000 half-hours of animated and live-action Nelvana programming, which includes titles such as Franklin, Babar, Rolie Polie Olie, Mr. Young and The Detentionaire, as well as exclusive merchandise representation rights for Franklin and non-exclusive rights for Ruby Gloom, 6teen and Grossology.
“In terms of the number of episodes, the number of properties involved and the breadth of rights and distribution channels granted to Ciwen, this deal is certainly significant and likely one of the largest kids media deals for Western properties ever to be concluded in China,” commented Ms. Anke Redl, Managing Director of CMM-I, a Beijing-based media research and consulting firm.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 174 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020