Singapore – MediaCorp, NHK and KBS have selected four projects to commission after concluding the regional pitching event on July 31.
The selected directors and projects are: Sorrowgacy, Ishani K Dutta (India); Defector, Lee Kil Do (South Korea); Sanitary Towels Inc., Akanksha Sood (India); and Wheatfield Sailors, Huo Ning (Taiwan).
According to the organisers, The Asian Pitch is the only pitch where the winning directors will receive full funding for their documentary production, and where the productions are ensured to be broadcast in Japan, Singapore and South Korea the following year. Production will start momentarily and the completed programmes will be available internationally next summer.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 48 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020