London – IBC has announced that this year’s International Honour for Excellence will be presented to NHK Science and Technology Research Laboratories (STRL). The award will be presented to NHK STRL during the Awards Ceremony on 9 September.
NHK’s Science and Technology Research Laboratories has been at the forefront of research in broadcasting technology, working on both practical solutions to current issues and visionary future technologies which transform the way professionals create content and audience enjoyment. It is the pioneer of what we know today as high definition television, including the development of plasma displays.
Among its research is Super Hi-Vision, the implementation of high resolution broadcasting which offers a screen resolution 16 times greater than today’s HD, together with 22.2 channel immersive surround sound. NHK STRL engineers are working on the complete chain, from high resolution high speed CMOS cameras through recording and transmission equipment to screens and projection displays.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 73 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020