Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games goes IMAX in China
SANTA MONICA, Calif. and TORONTO – IMAX Corporation, one of the world’s leading entertainment and technology companies, and Lionsgate, a leading global entertainment company, today announced that Lionsgate’s blockbuster film The Hunger Games will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX® format and released in China in 67 IMAX® digital theatres in June.
The film will be released nationwide in China, under the new revenue sharing terms outlined in the recently announced WTO agreement, in both dubbed and subtitled prints by China Film Group Corporation in conjunction with Huaxia Film Distribution Co. Ltd., with assistance from Lionsgate’s promotional partner in the region, Talent International.
The Hunger Games has already grossed nearly US$400 million at the North American box office, making it the 14th highest-grossing film of all time, and it is approaching US$650 million at the worldwide box office. The film is the first in a franchise based on the wildly popular trilogy of books by author Suzanne Collins, which has already generated more than 36.5 million copies in print in the United States alone and has developed a massive fan base.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,079 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020