Emerging markets sustain robust growth for satellite TV platforms
Paris and Montreal – The satellite pay-TV industry reached revenues close to $90 billion in 2011, up from $79 billion in 2010, according to research firm Euroconsult. In its new report titled “Satellite TV Platforms, World Survey and Prospects to 2021”, Euroconsult noted that there would be around 350 million households subscribing to satellite pay-TV platforms worldwide by 2021. The report also indicated that more than 2,800 HD channels were distributed by platforms worldwide in 2011, following the launch of close to 600 HD channels during the course of the year.
Pay-TV platforms have been investing in value added services such as HD, 3D, and next-generation set-top boxes (STBs) to develop competitive advantages. Next-gen STBs have already been rolled out in some countries, but they remain limited in the satellite pay-TV industry.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020