Emerging markets sustain robust growth for satellite TV platforms
Paris and Montreal – The satellite pay-TV industry reached revenues close to $90 billion in 2011, up from $79 billion in 2010, according to research firm Euroconsult. In its new report titled “Satellite TV Platforms, World Survey and Prospects to 2021”, Euroconsult noted that there would be around 350 million households subscribing to satellite pay-TV platforms worldwide by 2021. The report also indicated that more than 2,800 HD channels were distributed by platforms worldwide in 2011, following the launch of close to 600 HD channels during the course of the year.
Pay-TV platforms have been investing in value added services such as HD, 3D, and next-generation set-top boxes (STBs) to develop competitive advantages. Next-gen STBs have already been rolled out in some countries, but they remain limited in the satellite pay-TV industry.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 184 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020