Emerging markets sustain robust growth for satellite TV platforms
Paris and Montreal – The satellite pay-TV industry reached revenues close to $90 billion in 2011, up from $79 billion in 2010, according to research firm Euroconsult. In its new report titled “Satellite TV Platforms, World Survey and Prospects to 2021”, Euroconsult noted that there would be around 350 million households subscribing to satellite pay-TV platforms worldwide by 2021. The report also indicated that more than 2,800 HD channels were distributed by platforms worldwide in 2011, following the launch of close to 600 HD channels during the course of the year.
Pay-TV platforms have been investing in value added services such as HD, 3D, and next-generation set-top boxes (STBs) to develop competitive advantages. Next-gen STBs have already been rolled out in some countries, but they remain limited in the satellite pay-TV industry.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020