Discovery Channel Korea announces the winners of FTFM Korea initiative
Seoul – Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (DNAP) announced the five winners of the Discovery Channel Korea First Time Filmmakers (FTFM) Korea initiative, a project designed to help develop the documentary storytelling skills of Korean filmmakers while providing them a platform for their talent. FTFM Korea is a partnership between DNAP and the Korea Tourism Organisation (KTO).
The five filmmakers will each be commissioned to produce a 30-minute documentary that tells the story of the ‘Korean dream’ and its different forms as expressed by its people in the 21st century, under the theme ‘Korea Next’. The completed documentaries are scheduled to premiere on Discovery Channel Korea and on DNAP’s networks across Asia Pacific at the end of this year, reaching more than 185 million households in 34 countries.
The five selected filmmakers and their winning ideas are:
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020