Promotions at A+E Networks
SINGAPORE – Ling-Sze Gan has been promoted to Senior Director of Content Sales, Asia. Based at A+E Networks’ Singapore office, she oversees content distribution throughout the region to both standard and non-standard television platforms.
Since joining A+E Networks in 2007, Gan has grown content distribution revenues in the region by 700 per cent, and has expanded distribution into the terrestrial market in Japan and has closed significant output deals in Korea, China and Thailand. She reports to Alan Hodges, Managing Director, Asia-Pacific for A+E Networks.
Also, at A+E Networks’ London office, Jonathan South has taken on the role of Vice President Content Sales.
South now manages the EMEA content sales team, overseeing sales of the networks’ 9,500+ hour catalogue throughout the region. He is responsible for developing and implementing a growth strategy in key European territories, and for augmenting revenue streams across platforms and regions.
Paula Askanas assumes EVP role at SPT
CULVER CITY, CA – Paula Askanas has been promoted to executive vice president of communications for Sony Pictures Television (SPT), from her previous position of senior vice president of media relations.
In this new role, Askanas oversees business and trade press and internal communication for the television company worldwide.
Reporting to Steve Mosko, president, SPT, she will work specifically on behalf of the businesses and executive teams for production, channels and distribution in the US, EMEA, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and India, as well as US advertiser sales.
Keaveny gets industry nod
Tom Keaveny, President and Managing Director of Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, has been honoured at the recently concluded CASBAA convention in Hong Kong.
The region’s PayTV association bestowed Keaveny with the Chairman’s Award for his contribution to the industry.
CASBAA Chairman, Marcel Fenez, who presented the award, thanked Keaveny, “For his contributions to the development of PayTV in the region and his tireless work explaining the value of PayTV to advertisers as Chairman of the CASBAA Advertising Committee (ATAC).”
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020