Singapore – The Amazing Race Asia (TARA) Season 4, which concluded in December, took SPE Networks – Asia’s flagship action and adventure channel AXN to the no. 1 spot in its timeslot ratings among international channels in the region. AXN’s 13-episode original production is the fourth edition of the Asian adaptation of the multiple Emmy-award winning The Amazing Race reality contest format. The latest series not only topped ratings across Asia, but continued to draw in old and new fans alike, delivering 19.3 million viewers across Asia, an improvement of more than 32 per cent from the first season. Ratings for its fourth season rose 37 percent over the previous season among pay-TV 4+ audiences in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan and India. Sustaining its leading position in Singapore and Malaysia, TARA Season 4’s average timeslot ratings made AXN the no. 1 English pay-TV channel among its target PMEB audiences and the Cable 4+ segment in both markets. Season 4 drove up average timeslot ratings 141 percent in the Philippines, 109 percent in Malaysia, and 67 percent in Singapore. Lead-in ratings also rose almost seven times in the Philippines while growing 135 percent in Malaysia and 72 percent in Singapore. A major draw for viewers was the adrenaline-pumping finale episode, which saw Filipino best friends Richard Hardin and Richard Herrera win US$100,000 in cash. They won the race that took them across Malaysia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, South Korea and Singapore. Season 4’s final installment, which aired 9 December, garnered AXN the top spot in its timeslot ratings among international channels in the region. Ratings for the finale episode also grew around 10 percent over that of Season 3. Ratings for TARA Season 4 finale made AXN the leading English Pay TV channel among 4+ and PMEB viewers in Malaysia.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020