Former ABU secretary-general joins The Media Alliance
Singapore – The Asia-Pacific Media Alliance for Social Awareness (The Media Alliance) announced the appointment of the former secretary-general of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU), David Astley, as its executive chairman. The Media Alliance is a Singapore-based non-profit organization formed last year to leverage valuable media inventory for the delivery of pro-social messaging through public service advertisements (PSAs), entertainment and editorial content. CEO and managing director of The Media Alliance, Craig Hobbs, said Astley’s experience and contacts with government and public broadcasting sectors over the past eight years would help strengthen the strong networks already established through the involvement of a Board of Advisors comprising top-level executives from major media companies in the region. “Astley will take an executive role to help build networks with the print media and advertising agencies as well, and to oversee the strategic direction of The Media Alliance,” Hobbs said.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020