Hong Kong – Media mogul Sir Run Run Shaw, chairman of TVB and executive chairman since 1980, will relinquish his executive duties and move into a non-executive role from January. It is not yet known who will handle Shaw’s duties. Shaw’s wife Mona Fong is deputy chairperson and managing director of the company, and according to local media reports, Fong is already at the heart of TVB’s business. Shaw holds more than 142 million shares in TVB, representing a 32.5% stake. Of that, 114 million shares are held by Shaw Brothers, of which Shaw is executive chairman, and another 27 million shares are held by the Shaw Foundation, and 1.1 million held by Fong.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020