London – FremantleMedia announced the successful finale of India’s Got Talent with The Prince Dance Group being named as the show’s inaugural winners. The first season of India’s Got Talent was aired on the ‘Colors’ Channel – the flagship brand of Viacom 18. The group went home with Rupees 50 lakh (USD 102,650), a car and as an extra, the Orissa government contributed a cash prize of Rupees one crore (USD 205,350) and four acres of land for the group to build their own dance academy. The Got Talent format, which is co-owned by Syco, has travelled to 31 territories. India was the first Asian country to launch Got Talent as a local format.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020