China – CCTV has officially launched its Arabic international channel. The new channel “will serve as an important bridge to strengthen communication and understanding between China and Arab countries,” said CCTV vice president, Zhang Changming, in a statement. He said the channel would need to meet five criteria in order to compete with other international Arabic channels. “We must have high standards for programmes, talent, technology, management and partners.” The new 24-hour Arabic Channel will reach about 300 million people in 22 Arab countries. CCTV Arabic will produce programmes that fall into four categories: news, feature stories, entertainment and education. Programmes will be rebroadcast six times every day while news will be regularly updated. The channel will gradually increase the number of programmes as the channel develops. The new Arabic Channel will reach the Middle East, North Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020