China Telecom has officially launched its tender for procurement of IPTV set-top boxes on August 4, according to Marbridge Consulting. Sixteen firms are reported to be competing for the supply contract: ZTE, UTStarcom, Huawei, Alcatel-Lucent Shanghai Bell, New Postcom, Sunniwell, 30Kaitian, Yuxing Infotech, Coship Electronics, Changhong, Motorola, Sichuan Jiuzhou Electric Group, Shanghai DareGlobal Info Tech, Konka Group, Fiberhome and Thomson. According to the reports, all sixteen firms offer product models that have been inspected and approved by the Shanghai Telecom Research Institute, and which comply with China Telecom’s IPTV V2.0 technology standard. Winning bidders will become the telco’s IPTV terminal partners, and establish contracts with each provincial partner according to the province’s purchasing requirements. In accordance with China Telecom’s rules, the top five companies will collectively receive no less than 80% of total purchasing volume.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 81 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 44 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 42 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 41 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020