SingTel mio TV announces BBC & ITV content on-demand
Singapore – Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) will launch a slew of new British content on its mio TV platform from 15 July. Announcement comes immediately after news that three BBC Worldwide Channels will move from mio TV exclusively to StarHub TV from 1 August 2009. SingTel says, “As part of the channel restructuring, the current BBC linear channels on mio TV will no longer be available and all customers will be notified about the changes.” mio TV will offer on-demand first-run and never-seen-before drama and documentary titles from BBC Worldwide TV Sales & Distribution and ITV Global Entertainment Ltd. ‘British Drama’ and ‘British Documentary’ will feature selected dramas and documentaries just one month after their UK telecast, ahead of any other platform in Singapore. Low Ka Hoe, director for IPTV business, SingTel, “With these new service offerings, SingTel is reinforcing our leading position in the market as the pay TV platform for on-demand content. We have observed a keen response to content offered on-demand, such as Season Pass, which allows viewers to access popular TV series as early as 24 hours after their US premiere.” On ‘British Drama’, titles from BBC include the latest seasons of Hotel Babylon, Dr Who and Torchwood; while ITV will offer Britannia High, The Prisoner and My Boy Jack. ‘British Documentary’ includes first-run rights to BBC titles such as Life (HD) and Nature’s Great Event. The new content will be offered as part of mio TV’s SuperSaver English Pack at S$19.90 per month. Pricing details for the new channels will be announced at a later date. As at 31 March 2009.SingTel had 78,000 mio TV subscribers.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 105 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 47 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020