Singapore/Hong Kong – In Hong Kong, Animax became the number one international channel in ratings and the most-watched in terms of reach for its target audience of youth 15 – 24 for the period starting from 1 January to 31 May 2009. Programs that have driven Animax to its top spot in Hong Kong include Tears To Tiara and romantic comedy Nodame Cantabile. The Gurren Lagann series made Animax the highest rated international channel in its weekdays 7 – 7.30pm timeslot since its premiere on 29 April up to 31 May. In Taiwan, viewers increased their average viewing time to 20 minutes per day, the longest among all international channels. Taiwan’s growth in viewership for May 2009 coincided with Animax’s debut of new anime series Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Tears To Tiara in same-week and same-time as Japan simulcasts, respectively. The highly-anticipated blockbuster action anime series Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood premiered 11 April and garnered average ratings to date that propelled Animax ahead of all international channels in its Saturday 10.30 – 11pm timeslot among the youth audience. Likewise, Tears to Tiara notched ratings that came in above all international channels in its Monday 12.35 – 1am timeslot for youth 15 – 24, since it debuted on April 6.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020