The IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) announced that for the 2009 IAAF World Championships, agreements have been concluded that cover 212 territories – a record for the event. The IAAF reports that the figures have been achieved due to an agreement in the last region to remain unsold, namely the Indian Sub-Continent. The Asian Broadcasting Union (ABU) has agreed to extend its current deal in order to include this region. The ABU will now provide coverage of the event in 22 territories across the Asia Pacific region. Additional countries have also been added to the previously announced deal with the Organizacion de Telecomunicaciones Ibero Americanas (OTI) meaning this arrangement will cover nine countries in the region. The IAAF also announced the conclusion of an agreement with Canal France International (CFI) to extend coverage in Sub Saharan Africa by granting its sister company, TV5, rights to broadcast highlights of the event on satellite. The 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics will take place in the German capital, Berlin from 15-23 August 2009.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’