Singapore – Singapore Telecommunications Ltd. (SingTel) reported a 17% fall in fiscal fourth-quarter net profit and warned that the economies in its two major markets, Singapore and Australia, are expected to slow in 2009 due to the global downturn. Southeast Asia’s largest telecommunications firm by revenue, said net profit fell to S$903.4 million (US$617 million) in the quarter ended March 31. This is down from the S$1.09 billion profit reported a year earlier when it booked a S$153 million exceptional gain. Operating revenue was S$3.57 billion, down 5.1% from S$3.76 billion the same time a year ago.For the full year, SingTel’s net profit fell 13% to $S3.45 billion compared with S$3.96 billion a year earlier. Annual revenue was up 0.6% to S$14.93 billion from S$14.84 billion previously.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 91 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020