BBC Worldwide Australia has concluded a number of deals with Australian and New Zealand networks following this year’s MIPTV market. Christian the Lion (1 x 45′), purchased by the Seven Network, is the documentary film that tells the story of Australians John Randall and Ace Berg’s emotional reunion with the lion they hand-raised after purchasing him from Harrods and then released back into the Kenyan wilds. Moonshot: Flight of Apollo 11 (1 x 90′) has been licensed by BBC Worldwide Channels in Australia and Prime Television in New Zealand. Prime Television has also acquired Charles at 60: The Passionate Prince (1 x 90′), which examines the heir to the throne through his work with the many charities and causes close to his heart. Prince William and Prince Harry: Into the Future (1 x 50′), also on Prime’s slate, examines the increasingly scrutinised lives of Charles’ sons. In further deals, BBC Worldwide Australia has licensed over 40 hours of comedy classics to New Zealand’s Comedy Central. The deal includes evergreen titles such as The Goodies (series 1, 3-4, 6, 8 & specials), The Young Ones (series 1-2), Harry Enfield Presents…, Harry Enfield & Chums (series 1-2 & specials) and new comedy series Katy Brand’s Big Ass Show (series 1-2).
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 43 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020