Singapore – Following the mid-February 2009 debut of Disney XD, targeting boys aged 6-14, that channel’s launch property Aaron Stone will premiere in Asia on 29 May 200 at 8pm. Aaron Stone is a single camera production filmed in High Definition (HD) in Toronto that stars newcomer Kelly Blatz as Charlie Landers, a teenager who is enlisted to become the real life version of his avatar in a crime-fighting online game. Also starring are JP Manoux as android robot Stan; Indonesia’s Tania Gunadi as friendly neighbor Emma and David Lambert as Stone’s little brother Jason. Disney XD replaced Toon Disney or Jetix, depending upon market, but Disney Channel spokesperson says there are no immediate plans to launch it in the Southeast Asia region. Staple Disney Channel shows like Hannah Montana, and movies like High School Musical have been seen as female-skewed, leaving the tween boy segment somewhat under-served. Gary Marsh, president of entertainment for Disney Channels Worldwide is quoted as saying that with Disney XD, the network is “trying to super-serve that 6- to 14-year-old boy audience in a way that nobody else in this space has.” The network brought Blatz to meet media from Singapore and Malaysia; the 21-year old is en route to New Zealand where he will be filming a Disney movie.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 184 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020