Philippines – Liberty Telecoms is set to be a strong player in the Philippine telecom industry, focusing efforts on the wireless broadband arena. Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc’s. newly appointed chief operating officer (COO) Anastacio Martirez was formerly with Smart Communications Inc, bringing with him more than three decades of experience working for blue chip companies such as Procter & Gamble, Philips Electrical Lighting and Sky Cable. He joins Liberty as the COO after having held the positions of chief mobile head and head of consumer business at Smart for 12 years, and the position of chief executive officer for the Jakarta-based PT Smart Telecom. Martirez has vast experience in wireless broadband internet as well as successfully launching various mobile services from rollout, network operations, customer service and sales and marketing. Liberty Telecoms recently partnered with Qatar’s major telecommunications company Qatar Telecom. Qtel is an integrated telecommunications player, which offers services to 16 countries with total population coverage of 550 million and a subscriber base of 55 million. It is majority-owned by the State of Qatar. In December, San Miguel Corp. (which owns Liberty Telecoms) announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding with Qatar Telecom QSC (Qtel) to work on a joint venture in wireless broadband and mobile communications projects in the country.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 68 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 60 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 51 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 50 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020