International news channel FRANCE 24 chooses AsiaSat 2 for Asia
Paris/Hong Kong – AsiaSat and leading international news channel FRANCE 24 announced the signing of a contract to distribute FRANCE 24’s English-language 24-hour international news channel across the Asia-Pacific region through AsiaSat 2’s C-band platform at SatLink Communications. FRANCE 24 is currently broadcasting in three languages – English, French and Arabic, in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and parts of the US. With the launch of its free-to-air English-language service on AsiaSat 2, FRANCE 24 will be able to access all leading cable and satellite television networks, terrestrial television stations and hotel networks throughout Asia, Australasia and the Middle East. The channel covers all world events with a focus on five major sectors: news, economics, culture and arts, sports and world weather forecast. “We see a high demand for up-to-date news, as well as in-depth reporting and analysis from Asian audience and in particular decision makers and opinion leaders who travel extensively to and within Asia. With AsiaSat 2’s coverage and audience access, we are able to reach our target audience and offer them a French perspective on global events,” said Philippe Rouxel, vice-president worldwide distribution of FRANCE 24.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,287 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 84 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 83 views | posted on July 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020