New York/Seoul – AETN International, a division of A&E Television Networks (AETN), has reached an agreement with Korea Telecom (KT) to launch History HD on KT’s IPTV platform, MegaTV, on January 1, 2009. All content will be HD content, and languaged in Korean. Shows will include Cities of the Underworld, The Universe, Ax Men, Dogfights, Ancient Discoveries, and Ice Road Truckers. “History HD debuted in Asia in September, and AETN has moved aggressively since then to distribute the service into other markets,” said Alan Hodges, vice president and managing director, Asia-Pacific, AETN. “This agreement builds upon our existing partnership with KT which we struck earlier this year through the launch of a successful branded History HD VOD service on MegaTV.” In addition to the new service on MegaTV, History HD programming is available via branded VOD services on all three IPTV platforms in Korea, including MegaTV, SK Broadband (formerly Hanaro) and LG. In September, History HD debuted in Singapore and in Hong Kong, followed by an October launch in Japan.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 55 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 29 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020