Doha – Al Jazeera Network has revealed that its English news channel now broadcasts to over 20 million households in Sub-Saharan Africa, following a raft of new distribution partnerships across the continent. Al Jazeera English is now available across Africa in Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. “2008 has seen Al Jazeera English become one of the leading international news channels for sub-Saharan Africa”, says Phil Lawrie, Al Jazeera Network’s director of global distribution. “Given that Al Jazeera English was only launched in November 2006, we are delighted to see this latest expansion of carriage across the continent.” The Network has thirteen bureaus spread across the region, from Morocco to South Africa, and is the only international broadcaster with a permanent office in Zimbabwe. Audiences have seen groundbreaking investigations from correspondents including Andrew Simmons, Haru Mutasa and Mohammed Adow on stories such as the ongoing turmoil in Darfur, South Africa’s presidential elections, events in Rwanda and the Congo. Al Jazeera English already reaches over 130 million households worldwide and Al Jazeera Arabic is available in over 50 million homes across the globe.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 45 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020