ESS secures rights to UEFA Champions League for Malaysia, Brunei and China; adds UEFA Europa League for China
Singapore – ESPN STAR Sports (ESS) has renewed a multi-year exclusive agreement with Europe’s governing body of football, UEFA, for multi-platform rights on a pay basis to the UEFA Champions’ League for Malaysia and Brunei, and English language pay TV rights for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League for China for the October 2009 – December 2011 seasons. In Malaysia and Brunei, ESS will maintain exclusive pay TV, broadband and mobile broadcast rights for all UEFA Champions’ League matches, from the group stages to the final. The agreement also provides ESS with the right to broadcast the Super Cup, the annual match between the winners of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. The deal will see ESS deliver up to a total of 146 games, which also includes the right to air UEFA-produced magazine shows and for ESS to produce its own in-house highlight shows. For China, ESS has secured a landmark deal for the exclusive English-language pay TV rights for the UEFA Champions League and for the first time, the UEFA Europa League. In total, ESS will have rights to broadcast over 350 games in China for these two leagues.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 44 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020