Thailand – THAICOM Public Company Limited, operator of the IPSTAR satellite broadband system, says it has inked eleven new contracts in the third quarter of 2008. These include transponder leasing contracts and video broadcasting service contracts that comprise of 11 new regional television channels. Since the beginning of 2008 THAICOM was awarded 25 transponder leasing contracts with a total contract value of US$47million. The eleven new television channels include MVTV, Real Metro, K.C.S (Cambodia), SSD Media Infotainment, Multiple News Agency, Unistar, and Bohigram. All these channels also ulitize the THAICOM Teleport and DTH Center at Ladloomkaew District, Pathumthani Province in Thailand. THAICOM has also explored the African market with several new channels on its fleet at the moment. And THAICOM announced a significant increase in IPSTAR user terminal sales in New Zealand after the launch of the new retail broadband package called ‘Rocket Broadband’ through IPSTAR’s partner, BayCity Communications Inc. The Rocket Broadband package was launched by BayCity Communications Inc. in June 2008 comprising four simple monthly plans starting with the ‘Endeavour Plan’ at only NZ$49.95 per month (US$31.70) inclusive of monthly service fee and User Terminal rental. This price point is similar to DSL offerings in the market.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 38 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 27 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020