China’s top search engine Baidu has expanded its cooperation with China’s largest Internet TV operator UiTV. Company-issued statement says that Baidu will contribute assets related to the operation of Baidu Internet TV Channel to UiTV in exchange for an 8.3% stake in UiTV and US$15 million. Baidu Internet TV Channel will continue to be hosted on movie.baidu.com and will be operated by UiTV. This channel is not related to video.baidu.com, Baidu’s video search business. Baidu Internet TV Channel is a website where Internet users can download movies and TV programs. Through cooperation with the majority of China’s online movie and TV service and content providers, including TVB, Enlight Media and many others, Baidu Internet TV Channel has China’s largest database for authorized copy-righted movie and TV program downloads. Baidu Internet TV Channel operates an advertising-based revenue sharing model that allows users to download copy-righted video content for free. Baidu’s independent director, James Ding, is the chairman of UiTV and owns a minority interest in that company.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 44 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020