London – Portman Film & Television announced a range of deals for the series Doc Martin, which sees the production of a Spanish version of the show and a second series of the German version, whilst UK producer Buffalo Pictures has secured a re-commission in the UK for a fourth series. The comedy drama follows the tactless doctor as he causes mayhem in a small community, is available as a finished programme or as a scripted changed format. Spanish terrestrial broadcaster Antena 3 has picked up all 23 available scripts of the changed format, as well as optioning further series. Notro Films went into production in June and Antena 3 plans an initial run of eight episodes for primetime broadcast later this year. Meanwhile, German pubcaster ZDF has signed on to produce a second series of the show, known locally as Doktor Martin. It is scheduled to air in Spring 2009. UK producer Buffalo Pictures has also secured a re-commission from ITV1 to produce a fourth series of the show, which was ITV’s highest-rating drama last year.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 325 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 54 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 47 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 40 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020