Singapore – Irdeto is strengthening its presence in the Asia-Pacific region with a new appointment and the opening of an office in Tokyo. Bengt Jönsson recently joined Irdeto as the regional vice president of sales. Based in Beijing, he will be responsible for overseeing the sales efforts of the APAC region in one of Irdeto’s fastest growing markets, as well as managing Irdeto’s existing customer relationships. Jönsson has more than 15 years’ experience in the consumer electronics and digital TV sectors. Prior to joining Irdeto, he headed Swedish start-up LyngBox Media AB, which provided high-end hybrid IP/DVB set-top boxes. In addition, Jönsson previously worked for Thomson Broadband Access where he was responsible for its business in the APAC region, covering Singapore, Malaysia, India, Australia, Korea and China. He also worked with Nokia Home Communications, a manufacturer of digital TV systems for home entertainment. In addition, Irdeto also announced the opening of its Japan office, adding to its current offices in Australia, China, India, Korea, Singapore, and Thailand in the Asia-Pacific region. Located in the Chiyoda-ku business district in central Tokyo, the new office is responsible for developing business strategies and identifying growth opportunities in the country’s fast growing digital, IPTV, and mobile TV markets. The office will also support Irdeto’s growing list of customers and partners in Japan.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020