Kuala Lumpur – MEASAT Satellite Systems Sdn. Bhd. has announced that the MEASAT-3a satellite has secured a launch on 21 August 2008. The fleet’s fourth satellite, MEASAT-3a has been designed to expand MEASAT’s C-Band and Ku-Band satellite capacity at the organization’s key 91.5E orbital location. Operating in tandem with MEASAT-3 at the same location, the new satellite would also provide in-orbit satellite redundancy services for key customers. MEASAT COO Paul Brown-Kenyon said that the take-up of capacity on MEASAT-3 has exceeded initial projections due to the growth of the company’s DTH and video distribution services. “The launch of MEASAT-3a will allow us to continue to grow the organization, developing 91.5E into one of the region’s key satellite orbital locations,” said Brown-Kenyon. Constructed by Orbital Sciences Corporation, MEASAT-3a will be launched on a LandLaunch Zenith – 3SLB launch vehicle.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 49 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 34 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 33 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020