Irusta joins NBCU as SVP, programming & acquisitions, global networks
London – Martin Irusta has been appointed to the newly created role of senior vice president, programming & acquisitions, global networks, NBC Universal (NBCU). Reporting to Roma Khanna, president, global networks & digital initiatives, NBCU, Irusta is based in London to support NBCU global networks’ strategy of launching and managing local pay-TV channels worldwide. As part of the senior management team, Irusta will work directly with channel managing directors and local programming teams to oversee and guide content and programming strategy of existing channels, while developing and implementing strategies for new channel launches. In addition, Irusta will oversee the global acquisitions team to acquire, exploit and customize new content worldwide, and will be supported by Mark Lawrence, director of acquisitions. He will also oversee investments in new and original productions, commissioned productions and in-house productions for global use. Irusta was most recently SVP and deputy managing director at Fox International Channels (France) where he acquired local French channel Voyage from Pathe and led four Fox group channels including Voyage, FoxLife, Nat Geo and NatGeo HD, as well as the launch of ADSL in 2007.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,465 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 72 views | posted on August 4, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020