Hong Kong – AXN Beyond and GMA Pinoy TV channels have become PCCW’s IPTV platform now TV’s latest additions to its expanding range of offerings, following launches of Celestial Pictures’ new channels Celestial Movies Asia and Celestial Classic Movies on April 15, 2008. Also launched April 15 is SPE Networks-Asia’s AXN Beyond, spin-off channel from flagship action and adventure English entertainment channel AXN. Hong Kong is the second market in which AXN Beyond is available, following the channel’s debut in the Philippines’ on SkyCable earlier in 2008. AXN Beyond serves up drama series, movies and animation shows from the US across genres including sci-fi, suspense, horror, mystery/fantasy, the paranormal and supernatural. Titles featuring on AXN Beyond include fantasy/romance drama Pushing Daisies, classic series X-files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as well as AXN shows such as Lost and Supernatural. GMA Pinoy TV, the international Filipino channel from free-to-air TV station GMA Network, will debut May 7, 2008 on now TV. A 24-hour general entertainment network catering to Filipino viewers worldwide, GMA Pinoy TV offers news and public affairs programs, entertainment shows, and dramas. Shows include flagship newscast 24 Oras; variety show Eat Bulaga; and action-adventure series Joaquin Bordado. AXN Beyond is available to now TV customers at HK$40 (US$5.15) per month, or at HK$60 (US$7.70) per month when bundled with AXN in the AXN Power Pack on a 12-month contract. GMA Pinoy TV is priced at HK$78 (US$10) per month on a 12-month contract.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’