Singapore – Lotus Channel, targeting women aged 25-45, is looking to roll out in Southeast Asia first, followed by South Asia and North Asia – excluding China and Japan. Gregg Creevey, one of the channel’s founders along with May Lee and a number of unnamed partners, says the 24-hour linear Lotus Channel is looking to launch in the second quarter of 2008. Creevey says the channel is sourcing between 700-1,000 hours of content, across various genres, to mirror the demographic’s multi-channel viewing habits. Carriage deals will be announced much closer to launch, “active negotiations” are underway.
Ad – Before Content
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand
- The Walt Disney Company to celebrate Disney+ Day on November 12
- Abacus Media Rights secures international sales for ‘The Beatles and India’ feature documentary
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’