Soumitra Saha replaces Ian Diamond as SVP and GM of TENA
Hong Kong – Soumitra “Sunny” Saha has been promoted as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Turner Entertainment Networks Asia (TENA), replacing Ian Diamond who has resigned after seven years at the helm of TENA and 13 with Turner. Saha assumes responsibility for the overall development of Turner’s entertainment brands including Boomerang, Cartoon Network, POGO and Turner Classic Movies (TCM) in Asia Pacific. He will lead the group in its business strategy of aggregating content and properties across platforms including TV, web, narrowband and broadband wireless content, publishing, consumer products, promotional licensing and live events. On Diamond’s decision to step down, Steve J. Marcopoto, President, Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific said, “Ian deserves our deepest gratitude for his herculean efforts that took us from two to 12 networks in less than a decade. Saha was formerly SVP, Regional Advertising Sales and Marketing, TENA and was involved in Turner Broadcasting System’s launches of HBO India in 2000, POGO in 2004 and Galli Galli Sim Sim (Indian version of Sesame Street) in 2006. He was also responsible for developing strategies to expand TENA’s business across Asia Pacific. He joined Turner as Director of Research and Strategic Planning in August 2000 before moving in 2003 to Hong Kong as VP of Advertising Sales and also oversaw Promotional Licensing. Three years later, Saha added on marketing duties across Asia Pacific as VP, Regional Advertising Sales and Marketing.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020