Sydney – Boosting its suite of digital offerings, Foxtel has launched the Mobile Foxtel Guide which enables subscribers to access the pay TV platform’s web-based Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and to use the Remote Record function to record programs on its PVR, Foxtel iQ, from 3G mobile phones. Another function is Reminder Alerts, which are sent via SMS to the user 15 minutes prior to the TV program commencing and contain the name of the show, the channel and the time it begins. Patrick Delany, Foxtel Executive Director of Content, Product Development and Delivery, said: “Personalising entertainment is the next frontier in television and Foxtel is leading the way. A mobile phone is no longer just for making and receiving calls, it’s become a multimedia gateway connecting users to the internet, emails, music, television, TV guides, and now Foxtel iQ.” Non-subscribers can also download the Mobile Guide, which shows programming up to seven days in advance.
Ad – Before Content
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’
- Clan joins Imira/Toonz Media Group as co-producers for ‘Sunnyside Billy’
- TVU Networks offers expanded customer support and new solutions for the Beijing Winter Games
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment expands distribution of Celestial Movies & CCM in Malaysia with unifi TV