Sydney- Australia’s Prime Media Group (formerly Prime Television) has bought Theatre Red, Ian Hogg’s Singapore-based television production, distribution and interactive services company. Hogg, a former longtime executive at Australia’s Becker Group, launched Theatre Red in 2003. Its current slate includes Stormworld, a 26-part children’s/family sci-fi series being co-produced with Australia’s Great Western Entertainment and Canada’s Brightlight Pictures Inc., with investment from Australia’s Film Finance Corporation and Screen West, Canada’s CTV and Singapore’s Media Development Authority. Theatre Red, which will be re-branded Prime Media, also has a web-hosting business and serves as the local sales representative for Australia’s ABC-TV. Prime, the Seven Network’s regional affiliate in New South Wales, Victoria and the Gold Coast, has just renamed itself as Prime Media to reflect its diversification from its core broadcasting business. Hogg becomes Prime Media’s Director of Corporate Development. Prime acquired a controlling interest in Becker Group in June 2007. Becker’s production arm in Indonesia, Becker Entertainment, will also be re-branded as Prime Media. Prime Chief Executive Warwick Syphers tells Television Asia the Indonesian company, which has chiefly concentrated on game shows, will move into making local dramas, called cinetrons, for the Indonesian networks. Prime has flagged its intention to sell Becker’s Dendy cinemas (35 screens) and film distribution and production businesses, while retaining its outside broadcast and TV production units.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020