Singapore – PGK Media will be one of the first applicants for a mobile TV multiplex licence from Singapore’s Media Development Authority (MDA) early 2008, with Broadcast Australia as a possible infrastructure partner. MDA just unveiled its proposed policy and regulatory framework for mobile TV services, allowing a six-week period for public feedback on how mobile TV should be regulated. MDA is prepared to issue up to four multiplex licences by tender; each multiplex can support up to 20 TV channels. Singapore-based Chairman/CEO PGK Media Guilio Dorrucci, as well as Broadcast Australia’s Sydney-based Managing Director International Business Chris Jaeger and General Manager – Mobile TV Martin Farrimond attended the MDA’s presentation to industry held on Nov. 21. They said an announcement could be expected “very soon” regarding a potential collaboration between the two companies. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Macquarie Communications Infrastructure Group, Broadcast Australia has been involved in extensive DVB-H mobile TV trials in Sydney. PGK Media’s Dorrucci says once the regulatory framework is in place, the company will be applying for a licence to launch a commercial subscription-based DVB-H mobile TV service. Tradeshow BroadcastAsia 2007 saw the company launch its TV2GO trial, in alliance with Zentek Technology (S) Pte Ltd, NCS Communications Engineering Pte Ltd, CNBC Asia Pacific, ESPN STAR Sports, Kamera (S) Pte Ltd, and supported by the latest commercial mobile TV phones from Nokia and Samsung.
Ad – Before Content
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’
- Clan joins Imira/Toonz Media Group as co-producers for ‘Sunnyside Billy’
- TVU Networks offers expanded customer support and new solutions for the Beijing Winter Games
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment expands distribution of Celestial Movies & CCM in Malaysia with unifi TV