KidsCo inks deal with BBC Worldwide, signals growth in Asia
Hong Kong – KidsCo, the global joint venture children’s television channel owned by NBC Universal, DIC Entertainment and Corus Entertainment Inc.’s Nelvana Enterprises, has signed a content deal with BBC Worldwide, which will supply KidsCo with series including S Club 7 in Miami & LA, Wallace and Gromit, Ace Lighting and Five Children & It. The deal will see the new content in the KidsCo schedule from January 2008. The channel, which already broadcasts in Romania, Hungary, Russia, Turkey, and Poland, is expected to roll out in additional territories across Eastern Europe and Asia in early 2008. Paul Robinson, Managing Director of KidsCo, said there are several carriage deals on the horizon in Asia, and the channel expects to be profitable by the end of 2008. KidsCo, a 24/7 multi-platform channel, is committed to providing a responsible and entertaining environment for children and families around the world. The channel utilizes Sparrowhawk Media’s broadcast distribution facility in the US and the company’s international network of affiliates. It’s expected to broadcast in up 40 territories by the end of 2008.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020