Singapore – Asia Pacific’s first Nokia WiFi Zone will roll out in Singapore on 12 public buses to provide free wireless Internet access to commuters from Nov 25. The WiFi buses are part of Nokia’s initiative to provide consumers with access to high-speed Internet connection on the go. Chris Carr, General Manager of Nokia Singapore, says, “We see the launch of the Nokia WiFi Zone initiative (as) a natural extension of our goal to connect people – to the Internet, to their favourite web applications on the move, given the proliferation of mobile gaming, digital music consumption and online social networks like Facebook and Friendster among Singaporeans.” The Nokia WiFi Zone initiative follows Nokia’s collaboration with The Nation Multimedia Group in Thailand to provide access to mobile video content from The Nation’s broadcast channels through the Nokia Video Center application on its Nseries devices via 3G or on PC via WiFi.
Ad – Before Content
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’
- Clan joins Imira/Toonz Media Group as co-producers for ‘Sunnyside Billy’
- TVU Networks offers expanded customer support and new solutions for the Beijing Winter Games
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment expands distribution of Celestial Movies & CCM in Malaysia with unifi TV