Taiwan / Hong Kong – Artificial Life, a Hong Kong-based provider of mobile 3G technology and applications, and STAR have launched 15 Java mobile games based on Taiwanese teen pop groups Lollipop and Mei Mei in Taiwan and Hong Kong. The games feature Lollipop, a six-member all-boy group and Mei Mei, an eight-member all-girl group formed in CHANNEL [V] Taiwan’s talent search and youth entertainment shows Lollipop and Blackie’s Teenage Club respectively. Members of the groups engage with mobile users in various games including dance, sing-along, cards, puzzles, and sports. Other features include the display of group members in real-life images and the ability to generate downloadable screenshots from the puzzle and photo-shooting games. Games are available for download on Artificial Life’s m-commerce portal www.botme.com and the VIP member zone of Lollipop / Mei Mei’s dedicated website www.woo.com.tw. They are also carried by telcos in Hong Kong including PCCW Mobile, SmarTone-Vodafone and Peoples, and will be launched shortly by telcos in Taiwan, upon finalizing details. Jason Siu, General Manager, STAR Taiwan, said, “As Asia’s mobile market continues to evolve, we will increasingly look for further opportunities to leverage our highly popular content into new media value added services such as the one announced today.” Launched in 2005 and 2006 respectively, Blackie’s Teenage Club and Lollipop are idol academies in which group members are selected from a pool of contestants after various rounds of talent contests. Both shows air daily on CHANNEL [V] Taiwan in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Ad – Before Content
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’
- Clan joins Imira/Toonz Media Group as co-producers for ‘Sunnyside Billy’
- TVU Networks offers expanded customer support and new solutions for the Beijing Winter Games
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment expands distribution of Celestial Movies & CCM in Malaysia with unifi TV