Kuala Lumpur – MEASAT Satellite Systems Sdn Bhd and Antrix Corporation Ltd, the commercial arm of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), have signed an agreement to lease Ku-Band capacity on the MEASAT-3 satellite. Antrix will lease eight Ku-band transponders on MEASAT-3 with an option to increase the number subsequently. The transponders will be used by Antrix to support the launch and development of a commercial new Direct-to-Home (DTH) TV platform in India. K.R. Sridhara Murthy, Executive Director, Antrix, said ISRO has added 36 transponders in the last eight months through Indian National Satellite System’s (INSAT) INSAT-4B and INSAT-4CR satellites to meet increasing demands from the Indian market. ISRO is adding transponders to the INSAT system by leasing capacity from regional partners.
Ad – Before Content
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Televesion, Inc. President and Keshet International CEO join online kick-off for ‘Deep Crime Unit’
- Media Ranch announces fall catalog for MIPCOM
- BARC India: Television ad volumes in August 2021 witness strong growth
- BBC Studios secures international pre-sales for premium factual titles ‘Universe’ and ‘The Mating Game’
- HITS and HITS Movies launch on Transvision in Indonesia
- WildBear Entertainment launches new distribution arm, WildBear International