Hong Kong – Internal politics at Star are being blamed for yet more senior executive departures from the broadcaster. Programming’s senior vice president Ross Crowley and Karen Johnston are the latest executives to leave, following the resignation of Star Group’s president of platforms David Butorac. This comes less than a month after Jamie Davis stepped down as managing director of ESPN Star Sports – with continued tensions between the two joint venture companies believed to have precipitated that particular resignation. The job security of some STAR executives has been questioned since Star CEO Michelle Guthrie left in March, to be followed by chief operating officer Steve Askew. “Certain people’s jobs were obviously in jeopardy once Guthrie left,” says a source.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020