Singapore – Mark Burnett Productions is looking to set up an Asian operation – probably headquartered in Singapore. Speaking to Television Asia, Mark Burnett Productions’ Executive in Charge, International, C. Scot Cru says the company is looking beyond just format sales and format licensing to create, produce and distribute content for the region. Cru says the firm is looking to set up something similar to Mark Burnett France, a 50:50 joint venture with Endemol France: “The Asian operation may not be exactly the same, but it will probably be a joint venture, and Singapore is looking very promising given the amount of support there is available.” Cru is in Singapore in his capacity as co-executive producer on MuayThai boxing reality show The Contender Asia, a co-production with Imagine OmniMedia. He has also been meeting with the Media Development Authority, Economic Development Board and Singapore Tourism Board.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’