Sydney- Two feature films based on true life events– the shooting of five Australian journalists during Indonesia’s invasion of East Timor in 1975, and a Chinese man who was taken from his family to study dancing at age 11 – have secured funding from Film Finance Corporation Australia. Balibo will recreate events in East Timor from the viewpoint of Roger East, who investigated the truth behind the death of the five men who were supposedly “caught in cross-fire” during the invasion. East discovered to his detriment that the quest to uncover the truth is highly dangerous. Anthony La Paglia will take a break from working in the US to play East. The screenplay for Balibo was co-written by playwright David Williamson and Robert Connolly, who will direct, with John Maynard producing. Content Films International is the international distributor.
Ad – Before Content
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’
- Ferly and Wild Child Animation attach leading comedians to ‘Butthole Biscuits’
- DCD Rights sees factual series go global
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand