Shanghai- The Shanghai Media Group is joining forces with Intel Corp to develop wireless broadband and mobile technology for high-definition TV programs. The partnership aims to allow audiences to watch HD programs anywhere and at any time, on personal computers or mobile devices, the Shanghai Daily reports. “We are at a crucial time when the traditional media and new media are converging,” Zhang Dazhong, vice president of SMG, told the fourth China International New Media Forum before the signing ceremony. Intel will provide technology training, test equipment and lab and software solutions. An R&D centre will be set up in the Yangpu District of Shanghai, where the district government has allocated more than 10,000 square metres of land. SMG will build a platform using wireless broadband technology and invest its content, brand and human resources. “Our vision is to let people watch the HD content on every screen, including the UMPC (ultra mobile personal computer), whatever the size it is,” said Ian Yang, Intel China’s general manager. Intel’s partners aim to launch the UMPC in the third quarter.
Ad – Before Content
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’
- Clan joins Imira/Toonz Media Group as co-producers for ‘Sunnyside Billy’
- TVU Networks offers expanded customer support and new solutions for the Beijing Winter Games
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment expands distribution of Celestial Movies & CCM in Malaysia with unifi TV